A view from the top // Up the CN Tower, Toronto

Ok so this time it really has been long time, no see... 

I've been unbelievably bogged down with Uni work (3rd year is pretty challenging, but I love it nonetheless!). One of my new year's resolutions is to try and really commit more time and energy to this blog this year, so fingers crossed I wont be leaving it quite as long next time!

Anyway, I have been really wanting to blog about my experience up the CN Tower in Toronto, mainly because I am super scared of heights and as the world's third tallest building I really didn't expect to see myself up there. Not only did I have an amazing time up there, the experience in itself seemed to cure my mystery vertigo, so a win win all around!


Yup, this is the tower and yup, you get a lift all the way up the middle to the blob near the top (my architectural terminology is something else). There are so many horror stories about the long queues that people stand in for hours and hours in the blistering heat during the summer months and then standing in an equally long queue at the top again to come down. Unfortunately they are true, yes. BUT... me and my wonderful mother have discovered something (well probs not discovered) that will make your trip way more easier and way more enjoyable.

A normal ticket to go up the CN tower costs $36 CAD, however, for just $3 more you can buy a timed ticket. Basically, instead of just standing in a queue and just hoping for the best, you can spend $3 extra dollars and pick a time. With these tickets, you just go straight to the door, skip the queue, and join a lift that goes straight up. I think all in all we waited about 7 mins for our lift, but that is nothing in comparison to the 3 hours our fellow explorers were waiting. AND ALL FOR $3!!!

The hack with skipping the queue at the top to come down, is by firstly choosing a time that isn't going to be that busy., and secondly, going in pairs. Time wise we went up about 6pm, and had an hour up there. Not only was this a good time to go because it wasn't that busy, the view of the sun gradually setting over the city was unbelievable. Going in pairs also meant that we managed to sneak into a near-full lift without having to queue; the lift-men (sure they have a proper name but hey) saw us hovering and after seeing it was just the two of us let us in. Easy Peasy.

The views from the top are the kind that you can never get bored of. The bar at the top also helps to relax you if you are a little wary of the height, especially considering there's a part that has a glass floor that lets you see straight down into the Rodgers Centre (the baseball pitch) - I certainly made good use of the alcohol available! I think we payed about $12 each for our cocktails, but got to keep the glass for free! If you're feeling extra hardcore there are also tickets for you to walk around the outside edge of the viewing platform...as you probably guessed, I gave that one a miss!

Below are a few pictures from the top:






Thank you so much for reading and I hope I have inspired you to venture up if you're in and around Toronto and weren't quite sure if you should take the plunge or not.

Here's the link to the official website where you can purchase tickets and find out more: http://www.cntower.ca/en-ca/home.html

NEXT BLOG POST (Coming Soon): 'A very belated New Year's Resolutions and 2018 Goals'

Comments