10 things to live by // Things that help me through life's little shit storms

Hello, and welcome back to my blog!


It's been pretty hectic the last few weeks (hence the absence of any blog posts), but I need a lil revision break right about now so thought I would write this one, as I have been meaning too for a while now!

The inspo for this post came to me about 2am after a little nervy b about the future and essay stress - something every third year student is probably experience right about now!

These are the 10 things that I try to live by or at least remember when I feel a little bit stressed or need a little help getting my head together. I'm hoping some of you will read this and feel even a teeny tiny bit inspired because these have really helped me to live a happier and healthier life these past 6 months!

I also want to just say that I don't consider these 'rules' - I think if I did I would either get too worked up about sticking too them (and cry if I didn't lol), or just be in a 'screw it' state of mind and abolish them completely (rules are meant to be broken, right?)

Anyway...

1.) Never underestimate your own judgement - more often than not, you will be right; only you truly know yourself and your circumstance (this doesn't mean ignore anyone's else advice, but basically never doubt your own judgement!)

2.) Never think that you NEED anyone else in order to live a happy and successful life.

3.) Don't change (unless for yourself) - accept yourself for who you are and others will follow suit; don't let anyone obscure or change your perception of yourself.

4.) Try to avoid planning to the point of unreality - It's good to have goals (and I'm certainly not telling myself not to be ambitious!), but I often get waaaay too ahead of myself and it often leads to disappointment. Things change, but embrace it! Learn to roll with the punches and take each day as it comes.

5.) Treat each circumstance as either a lesson or a blessing - this one is my Holy Grail! In everything seek for a silver lining: there will ALWAYS be one. Learn to accept that shit happens, but it happens for a reason and either it will become a blessing to you (in the future), or a lesson that would have been learnt to avoid potential mistakes happening again!

6.) Never underestimate you're personal strength.

7.) Never forget to look at the wider perspective - don't take things for granted and take every day as a blessing.

8.) Say yes to more - you can only ever truly regret the things you don't do.

9.) Do what makes you happy, and do you - live your life the way you want to lead it, not because someone tells you you should live it a certain way or that a certain way is the way you should be living it. Remember: somethings only happen once.

10.) Laugh - always

Just thinkin' bout life 

Comments

  1. Thanks to my father who stated to me on the topic of this web site, this blog
    is in fact amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I read your blogs on a regular basis.

    Your writing style is witty, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, marvelous blog layout! How lengthy have you ever been blogging for?

    you make blogging look easy. The total look of your site is fantastic, let alone the content
    material!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been blogging now for well over a year, though have never managed to do it all the time due to University commitments. I graduate in the summer though so am planning to blog full time then! Thanks for you kind comment!

      Delete
  4. The blog is powered by 'Blogger' which you can access via Google! I started off using a template, but tweaked it to get it looking how I wanted it to look - hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts