A day trip to London...

Hey everyone, welcome back to my blog!

Just want to start by wishing you all a Happy New Year!
I haven't posted on here for a while; uni work has got so much harder now I'm in my second year, plus the added pressure of knowing 'it counts' kinda got to me a bit! But as a New Years resolution I'm trying to dedicate more time to myself to help with my stupidly high stress levels, and a part of that is taking time to blog back on here!

So for my Xmas pressie this year my wonderful boyfriend decided to take me to London, take me out for a lovely meal, and then pay for us to go to the Electric Cinema in Portobello Road, Notting Hill! The Electric cinema is somewhere I had wanted to go for a while so I was very very excited to find out we were going! For those of you who are not familiar with it, the Electric cinema features luxurious leather armchairs, sofas, and velvet beds, complete with a bar, foot-stalls, pillows and blankets for the most relaxed cinema experience ever! We had booked one of the beds in the front row, and it was amazing! We saw 'Passengers', which was a film I'd been really wanting to see for a while, and the whole experience met every expectation and more; it was such a chilled vibe, there was so much space, and the decor was timelessly classic... a great evening that I would highly recommend!


For food we stopped by at a small but bustling restaurant just next door to the cinema on Portobello Road: Honest Burgers. I'd never been to one of these restaurants before, but they are a small chain that have restaurants all across London. Their menu is limited, yet you are still spoiled for choice! I opted for the 'Honest' burger that came with all the trimmings: cheese; bacon; caramelized red onion.... each burger also came with homemade rosemary fries which were to die for. Considering they only have a small menu, there were still veggie and gluten free options, which is always worth bearing in mind. The drinks we had were part of their homemade lemonade collection. I had the mint lemonade and it was so so good! The prices were also really reasonable for the quality of the food so again, would definitely recommend!


So for the rest of the day we just strolled around the city and enjoyed the atmosphere of it all. We happens to take a short de tour into Hamley's too just for the sake of it! I love London and seem to be travelling through a lot at the moment; I get my train to Newcastle from Kings Cross. Though I haven't stopped and enjoyed all it has to offer recently, so it was nice to appreciate it in all it's glory!


Below are a few of my fave snaps of the day:













Outfit details:
Roll Neck Top - New Look
Ankle Ripped Jeans - River Island
Black Suede Boots - Topshop
Rose Gold Watch - Topshop



Thank you so much for reading!

Liberty 

Comments

Popular Posts